October 8, 2009

Gift inspirations... for a little girl.

So, my inspirations are probably a little old for Little O, but I've found some things I just love.


There's this amazing tent by Haba, which I think may actually come and live at our house. Little O loves to sit under tables and things, so I think she may actually really enjoy a nice place to 'hide'.  Haba have a small range of very cute tents for both boys and girls. I found this one on moolka.com, it's also available on Amazon and loads of other sites.

I've found that I quite like the Haba brand, it is "a German toy manufacturing company known for high-quality baby and children's toys, as well as for children's games, furniture and room decorations. Well known around the globe as "..toys that last generations..." (from Moolka.com)



This morning I am quite excited about "The Fairy Door" from Monkeytail & Wellington. Oh, how cute. Monkeytail & Wellington are an Australian company based in Queensland, and we do love to support Australian companies.

You can design your own fairy door - I am quite partial to the one I've pictured left, however there are a few different shaped doors. Best of all the doors are one of a kind and painted with child friendly glues and paints.

"Not all fairies like to live in the garden. Some are metropolitan dwellers who take to suburban homes and apartment buildings. But how do they get there and where do they live? Well, if you want fairies to enter your home, you need to install a fairy door and we have just the ticket!"

From the fairy door, I followed a link to the Monkeytail & Wellington blog and found an adorable DIY project. There is a store on Etsy (which I've mentioned before I guess the best way to describe Etsy is to say it's a sales website for cottage businesses) called "Goose Grease" which sells customisable do-it-yourself wooden pocket people. So after painting the family Monkeytail & Wellington made a fabric doll house, using this FREE tutorial.  Here's a picture of the finished product.

This leads me to the next Etsy find - and now I'm really looking for someone who can sew! After looking at the felt food in Pottery Barn kids, in particular the cupcakes I thought this can't be that hard, I wonder if I can find the items cheaper? So I googled and found Haba do some amazing felt food ever thought you needed a felt weiner schnitzel? How about a roast chicken? Not satisfied the googling continues and then this:

Golf Coast Cottage sell patterns for a pantry and fridge full of cool felt food and other fun things. The patterns are just US$5.99. Buy 4 get 1 free, or you can buy 10 patterns, of your choice for US$45.00. Felt sushi anyone?

Let's hope Little O likes to play in a kitchen when she can stand on her own...

Now all I need is to learn to sew!