October 21, 2010

Craft... and not the crap kind!

A few weeks ago I made a 'car' for Little O out of a box, some ribbon, tape, a paper plate and some markers and crayons. The result was something she played with for a few days, and my so called "crap craft day"... Obvious omissions from my car were the wheels, but Little O didn't care that Mummy forgot the wheels.

We also give playdoh a good play every now and then, painting and of course we like to draw with pens on our self - not my idea but it continues despite my protests.

Babyccino Kids, a favourite blog (and email) of mine sent their birthday week 'top five' through this morning and it's got some fantastic ideas - because I'm to lazy (or busy) to find five here's the two I love straight from Babyccino Kids

> DIY Stick Horses - Super cute. What a fantastic idea, I've been looking for the perfect Hobby Horse for a while and I like the idea of making one. Maybe once we get to our new house!
Or maybe Grannie could turn these into Reindeer for Christmas? Grannie is great at craft!

> Christmas Book Advent Calendar - I love this idea. I think maybe next year when life is a little more settled!

There are tons of other great tips, ideas and fun to be found on the Babyccino Kids blog - best of all the contributors are from all over the world including Melbourne & Sydney. 

Happy crafting!

xo S
Images: My own and Babyccino Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment