October 15, 2009

Sightings! Aussie Food - Almost.

So it's no secret that Australian's can't quite live without Tim Tam's and Vegemite.  All right some can but I am not one of those lucky few.  There so many things I miss about Australian food too - taste, less sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, not having corn in everything a long list but you get the idea.

So, last week after Gymboree I went upstairs to Trader Joe's for a drink and a few groceries before heading home. Imagine how excited I was when whilst picking up some bread (which incidentally doesn't taste like rubbish, has hardly any sugar and actually contains some fibre) when I found crumpets. Yes good old crumpets. Mmm yummy. Crumpets with a little butter and some honey (also purchased form Trader Joe's).  In my excitement I haven't a clue how much they were, but I don't really care all that much!

This week life got even better.

I was shopping with a friend in Target and she mentioned these: 



So I am one very excited person, and right before winter too. Is there anything better than Tim Tam slams?  This little find gets better.  It is a product of Australia. Yep, they must be a repackaged version of the real thing.

And only $2.50. I must admit I hesitated in making this post, I anticipate that my local target will sell out. Have you found them anywhere else?

Have you found anything that tastes like home that you'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I like my crumpets covered in butter and vegemite and my Tim Tams frozen and dipped in Sambucca as I bite them....but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete