October 5, 2010

Birthday gift for girl... age 2?

So we have been thinking about what to buy Little O for her birthday. She (like many her age) are into helping in the kitchen, pretending she's Mum or Dad for that matter, tending to her people (Happy Land) playing with Lego and of course making cups of pretend tea.

Hours and hours of pretend tea. She has this very cute little tea set she was given last year for her birthday and she loves it.

It's by Playskool and sells on Amazon.  The tea cups change colour when cold water is added.
Olive loves it.  There are loads of other tea sets for kids out there and I think it'd make a great gift.

Here are some of the things I looked at,but didn't buy this time round for Little O's birthday...
 
Some Lego Duplo... Little O has one set of Lego and currently loves that too. She has the Toy Story 3 train set with Woody, Buzz and Jessie. It is pretty cool the train pulls apart and of course her favourite hero, Buzz is there to put things back together. If they only made a Handy Manny set we'd be good to go. Oh, and the zoo the Lego zoo is super cute. Super Cute.

Ok, so I also had this bowling set on my list of things I almost bought... We have friends who have an adorable set they found at the zoo, which I haven't ever been able to find.  But this monster bowling is pretty cute. It's Melissa & Doug and available just about everywhere for roughly $25.

There were a bunch of other Melissa & Doug things that I had added to a wish list at the height of my obsession!

And then there's the Happyland wishlist... Fire Station, Farm, School, Vet, Police Station, Cherry Lane Cottage, Fun Fair, Roaming Rose Caravan and toy shop...  Not that we're fussy. Just disappointed that Diapers.com began to stock my favourite things right before we pack up to go! Though to be honest, I think Olive probably has enough and she will never know she's missing all of the other parts of the land! It's more of a Mummy wishlist I think!

We did buy the Chocks Away airport (right) - so that she can play with it before we fly, and perhaps even when we're on the plane too. This is more a travel gift really, and not for her birthday. Rather something new to play with as all her things get packed into boxes!

The real present is the dolls house... and some furniture for it.

I did realise this morning that I neglected to buy any people for the dolls house. But I think we can get by with the people we have for now.

 Hope this has given you some ideas for your Miss Two's gifts... Christmas is right around the corner!

Happy Shopping

xo S
Images from: Amazon, Diapers.com, LeToyVan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment