March 4, 2010

Lazy days...

So I have officially been a very lazy blogger. As usual I have an excuse, or several of them.
Snowmageddon forced me to lose my mind and my patience. We have been dying to get outside and then when we could we didn't want to be outside, it's too cold.

When we thought it'd be a nice day to go to the park, this is what we found (right). Yep, a playground full of snow.

The best and most important excuse is little O has dropped a nap, so I'm no longer able to spend anytime on the computer at all. Instead I read books about winter babys and naughty monkeys.  We play with dolls and blocks and the whole Happyland Village.... Oh,  and we paint and draw and life is fun, but busy and computer free!
This time of year at home the sun is shining, its not too hot and not cold yet. Just perfect. So instead of writing, I've said farewell to a good friend, stayed indoors, played games and watched the snow melt. I've also started studying, again.

I've been shopping on www.babysteals.com - a site you have to visit daily for the offer of the day. I've bought shoes at 50% off, and a great chalk mat again at 50% off. The sister sites for this one are www.kidsteals.com and www.scrapbooksteals.com. Same deal, each day an great offer. I've also been looking at Totsy, Zulily and bTrendie - all invite only, final sale sites that offer a number of special deals for a short period at up to 70% off. Everything from clothes, to strollers and bed linen.

Oh, and I've visited the cupcake shop 'Hello Cupcake' way too many times. Loving their seasonal cake for St Patrick's Day, the Baileys Irish Dream. Yum. Yum. Yum.

I also had brunch at Co Co Sala. Also known as the greatest place on earth. I had the most delicious and amazing french toast I have ever eaten. Not to mention the Co Cojito (Mojito with chocolate). Honestly the place is fantastic and I don't say that often about food in America!

Today, I have stumbled upon Ore 'Happy products for good people'. Their Sugarbooger range of products has a fantastic range of kid related gear - cute splat mats that aren't completely hot pink and hideous (loving the vintage alphabet one), as well as very very cute plates, cups, bowls, utensils... As well as having an amazing range of grown up stuff too - laundry hampers, cosmetic cases, and then there's the pet section!  I'll leave it to you to have a look, I have my eye on the little pig shower cap! And this little tip came via one of my favourite blogs Stroller Traffic!

So, I will be back, periodically writing my random ramblings and findings. Oh, and part 3 of my keeping in touch is coming soon!

xo S

No comments:

Post a Comment