March 11, 2010

Spring is (almost) here!

And that means that the Cherry Blossom festival is almost here.

I think the festival, and the time of year is possibly my most favourite time of year. I have always loved blossoms. My Grandpa grew almond trees and they had a beautiful blossoms every year...  a small town near where I grew up became full of blossoms in the spring time too - until everyone planted vineyards instead! Though I think that they stil have an Almond Blossom Festival each year...

The 2010 Cherry Blossom festival will be held between March 27 and April 11 and I can't wait. Check out the official website for news and activities. It's a great idea to get down to the tidal basin and have a look and bask in the glorious sun!

I was browsing the Cool Mom Picks website this morning - after I noticed that The Pajama Squid were mentioned for carrying the Australian Brand Heavenly Creature's Alice in Wonderland themed tees. Very very cute... though the print I'd like is sold out, so I may have to do some googling and find it in Australia.  I diggress my point is I found these very very cute lunch bags and cooler bags from SoYoung Mothe.  I think we might need one for the hot hot summer we're about to have! And maybe I need it just in time to stroll through the Cherry Blossoms!

You can find the Cooler Bags and Lunch Boxes at SoYoungMother. Get free shipping on orders of two or more coolers, lunch boxes, or a combination of both within the US and Canada when you mention "CMP" at checkout. Offer ends March 31st. (via Cool Mom Picks)

Enjoy the weather!

xo S

No comments:

Post a Comment