September 19, 2010

Planes, Trains & Automobiles... Stuff for Boys!

Mamista recently featured My First Autobahn from Donkey Products (available through Sleek Identity). It's tape that you can put where ever you like to create a roadway... Then you can rip it up to start all over or return your living room to something resembling an adult space once the kids have gone to bed.

People are forever saying that boys clothes aren't as cute/fun to shop for or something along those lines... I think that's where shopping for boys toys becomes so much fun! Like the My First Autobahn there are some seriously cool toys and stuff for boys - and girls - when it comes to transportation toys.

Here is some of what I've found that I just love.

Brio. My First Railway as I previously wrote about.  There's also the my first battery operated railway - left. Oh, and let's not leave out the seriously cool Brio cars - right.

Melissa & Doug have an awesome railway set. Oh and there is the obvious Thomas the Tank Engine sets too.  I'm pretty sure that the Thomas the Tank Engine pieces fit onto the Melissa & Doug Wooden Railway too. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

There is also a very cool few items from Munipals that look like the New York Subway, MTA and Chicago trains. You can get them while in either city (we have the Chicago train as Little O was crazy for the trains) or you can buy online from Amazon.  The Munipals are compatible with other wooden railways. 
Then there's playsam...  Just take a look at the range on the Kids Scandinavian shop . Cool. Moolka.com also stock the cool brand.  The cars and yoyo's would have to be my favourite from the ultra sleek and shiny line.


For little boys there's the Viking Toys Chubbies... the ones with the uber cool white wheels that don't mark surfaces.  Amazon or Kids Scandinavian Shop.  I'd also like to mention that these cute classics are fairly inexpensive... the bucket pictured left has 15 pieces and is just $16 on Amazon.


Obviously there's Lego. Enough said? Lego for all ages, and Lego for all likes - from Star Wars to Toy Story it's all there. Lego.com or Amazon. There's also Lego games...

Remote controlled cars are also a great idea... you can find everything from a Ferarri to RC the car in Toy Story.


Finally I think I'll add the time honored Hobby Horse. Doesn't get much cooler than that!  Well, I know at least Miss O, Little L and friends would probably love to prance around on these!

You'll find that many online toy stores allow you to separate their catalogs buy age, gender and interest. Which is helpful when searching for a gift...

I could probably search forever and find more stuff for boys! 

Happy Shopping!

xo S

Images from: mamista, tesora.com.au, kids-scandinavian-shop.com, amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment